Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

 (Warning before I start😵: This post is extremely long. Read at your own risk.) Although Christmas break wasn't the same this year for us, we still made it fun with the things that we have! I made cards, went scootering on the beach, played Among Us with my friends, read and more! I can't believe 2021 has already come up! Thinking back on 2020, I never would have though it turned out that way. I can't wait for what the new year brings, I really hope COVID will end! Anyway, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas break! I will enjoy going back to blogging every night again and boy do I have a lot of pictures to show you from my break! At the beginning of the break, my mom, brother, cousins, grandpa and I went hiking. It was a great way to start off break outdoors! We got some amazing views of the mountains around us and we had a lot of fun together! Here are some pictures of that below:




Scootering on the beach was also a lot of fun. I went there with my brother, and mom for the first time, we had a lot of fun! It's fun to weave around the sidewalk on the beach and look at all the cool houses nearby. Here's a picture of me and my brother playing on the beach after we went scootering below:
I would have another picture of that trip, but the other one was of us and I was not doing the most pleasant face for the camera😂. We also went with one of our cousins and her mom to my mom's friend's house to play. We rode on an ATV, went on a zipline, played on a trampoline, and more! I had a lot of fun that day and it reminded me of how much fun you can still have outdoors. We also went to the beach a second time, this time with our cousins. We've scootered along the beach a couple of times since the quarantine started and we though it would be nice to share the experience with them! We had a lot of fun and after we scootered, we read and played along the beach. Here are some picture of it below:

I have been re-reading Hunger games lately. The first time my mom read it to me and my brother but I decided to read it again and I am really liking it! I am on the second book. Here is a picture of the first book below:
I just realized that it's not that much of a cover to show, but it's still nice to show you what I am reading currently. Speaking of which, I am re-reading my favorite book series: "Keeper of the Lost Cites". And this time, my brother and mom are reading it too! I am reading this series for the third time and have just finished the second book😁. For Christmas, I got the trampoline (You already knew that), a new kindle and case, a new bed, and of course my stocking! In my stocking I got, some gold themed washi tape, peppermint white chocolate hershey kisses, (I forgot the last thing lol). Here is a picture of me and my family at our house on Christmas day:

From the rest of my family, I got some embossing supplies, calligraphy markers and a devotional book! Speaking of embossing..I already used some of the supplies on a card I made! Here's a picture of it below:
Don't know what embossing is? I'll tell you! Basically, you use these special markers that are transparent to draw whatever you want to be embossed (For example on the card above I drew the lettering and the border on the outside of the card.) Then, you pour some embossing powder over all the places you drew with your embossing markers. There all types of different colors of embossing powder but for the card above, I used a metallic gold. Next you pour all of the excess powder off then use a heating tool. After waiting for a bit and thoroughly using the heating gun on the areas you need to, the areas you drew on will shine and pop out of the page! Sorry for that long definition, I just didn't want you guys to be like 'Huh, I guess I'll never know what embossing is'😆. I also did some other cards during the break. I only got a picture of another one though and here it is:
Me and my brother had today off of school so our parents decided to take us out to the desert for a fun day! Before that though, my mom and I headed over to Hobby Lobby to get some crafting supplies for my cards. I got this piece of scrapbook paper with sprinkles all over it..don't know what I'll use it for but it was a funny thing to buy
Oh wait, I just realized that there is another card that I did that I forgot to show! This one is a 'Merry Christmas' one😊:
Anyway, as I was saying earlier we went out to the desert today. While my dad went to the golf store to look around, me, my mom, and my brother all went scootering at a park and had a lot of fun! Here are some pictures of us at the park below:


After that, we all met up again and got a to-go order from "The Cheesecake Factory" and ate outside. Here is a picture of us doing that below: (My dad was the one taking the picture)
On Saturday we did something fun too! My mom, my brother and I brought our own lunch and outside by a fountain. After that we went to Target and then to Coldstone for ice cream! On the way to Target, I found a really pretty tree to take a picture in front of:
The Coldstone ice cream was really good and it lasted two nights!
In my next post, I will show you my new kindle and case, and my new bed and bedspread! Overall, my Christmas break was really awesome with a huge shout out to my parents for making the break so much fun even when its hard to make fun in the times that we live in! Here's an update on my brainstorming and progress for Chapter 46 on Sunset Slayers: I have brainstormed for two new characters and I already know where the part is when they will be introduced. Unfortunately, I have made no progress on actually writing chapter 46 and I still need more time to brainstorm what its going to be about. I'm sorry, I have said that I need more time for this post and the past couple of posts but know that I will not give up on starting Sunset Slayers back up! I have a snack to recommend for you: Birthday Cake Popcorn. They sell it costco and although it does sound weird, its really good! Oh, and they also have it at Walmart!
Well, this is officially the longest post on my blog ever made! But, what do you expect when I haven't blogged in three weeks and it was Christmas? Have a wonderful rest of your day everyone! Stay positive!









 





Comments

  1. Wow! So much to comment on! Where do I begin?
    *I'm so glad you felt like we succeeded in making your break fun, even amidst the restrictions. Thanks for the shout out!
    *Scootering has been a great activity for the three of us!
    *That popcorn is yucky!
    *I can't believe how much I'm enjoying, Keeper of the Lost Cities. I can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a cool break you had. Yes, your parents definitely deserve a shout out. We missed you all TERRIBLY but look forward to when we can be together....Christmas at Easter????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree, they DO deserve a shout-out! I'm out of breath just reading all you did over the break! And that Thank you card you made with the gold embossing--I thought you must have had some "bought" lettering, but you actually wrote those letters yourself. It looks like something you'd buy in a nice store. And that gold embossing is so cool! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, the above is from me--Nana. (Wish I knew how to change my name on here. :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character