Chapter 24

  Chapter 24: Back in Byleth’s point of view

“Sometimes guys can be pretty annoying.” I hear a voice call through my door. I identify it has Rayonetta’s. Her voice is soft but also strong. “Really? Tell me about it.” I roll my eyes as I think back to Will’s assumption that I would be fine with someone new joining the group. Rayonetta walks in, her hair is back into a braid and she still has her dress on. She sits down on the bed I lay down on. “How’d you know what was going on?” I sit up, raking my hands through my hair. “I was sitting at a nearby table. You don’t know the power of eavesdropping.” Rayonetta grins. I unwrap the braids from my tight bun. I come across a knot. “Here, let me help.” Rayonetta says. I nod and she sits behind, me combing my hair until it looks like I never even wore it in a bun.


“Thanks.” I mumble. “Yeah no problem, my mom was never talented in doing hair so I had to learn how to do it on my own. It took practice but I eventually learned how to do it.” Rayonetta explains. “You? Learning how to do hair?” I ask her, bewildered. “Yeah, I kind of picked up the whole ‘fighting thing’ when I became a teenager.” Rayonetta replies. “I think you might need to accept that there will be a lot of things like this on our mission. Sudden new recruits, changing of plans or anything really.” Rayonetta says. “I know, I just wished Will had asked the rest of the group first. We were the people that came with him here, shouldn’t we be the ones he tells?” I reason. There is a knock on the door. “I’ll get it.” Rayonetta says, she walks over to the door, her dress billowing. It’s Corrin, her face is concerned but her outfit and hair is still the same when I last saw her. 


“Hey, is everything ok? I say you walk off and I just wanted to make sure everything’s alright.” Corrin explains, walking over to the bed I sit on. “Yup, everything’s ok. I’m just a little frustrated that’s all.” I say. Corrin nods slowly. Rayonetta closes the door and sits down on the floor. “My brother can be a pain sometimes, I’m sorry.” Corrin apologizes “You have nothing to be sorry about Corrin. It was Will’s fault, not yours.” I interject. A slow rumbling suddenly fills the building, it’s like one of those earthquakes that appears on the news but doesn’t actually do any devastation. “That was weird.” Rayonetta comments, looking around. “Are there earthquakes here in the dragon world?” I ask them. Corrin shakes her head. “No, that’s only a human thing. We came up with a way to make sure that all the plates never get out of place. They are all binded together so that-” Corrin gets cut off. “What Corrin’s trying to say with her little lecture is that we don’t have earthquakes here. I don’t know why there would be anything that would shake this place up. Unless it’s unstable..” Rayonetta interrupts. Corrin sighs. 


Before I have time to respond to the both of their replies, a man steps through the door. A rumbling is definitely there this time, instead it’s louder though and way more noticeable. His face is hooded and he wears a coat that goes so low, you can’t even see his shoes. “Hands up, stay right where you are or you’re done for.” 

Comments

  1. “Yeah no problem, my mom was never talented in doing hair so I had to learn how to do it on my own. It took practice but I eventually learned how to do it.”...hmm...I think this rings true for the author in real life. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol 😝-Brooklyn
      I have my suspicions about whats-his-name- the new recruit.. The guy who wants to be called "a great guy" everyday 😌 sorry I forgot his name, I wanna know what happens next!! Your series is soo eventful! 😣😆

      Delete
    2. And congrats! Your one chapter ahead of me 😅-Brooklyn

      Delete
    3. His name's Nixon 😁 and I totally agree on the cliff hanger. This is one of those times where I'm glad ur chapters are shorter cause otherwise it would take way longer for us to find out what happens next 😆 -Hailey

      Delete
  2. Btw, did you change the blogger background thingy 😅 (I don't know what it's called) I remember it being more of a sea green color, now it's sky blue. Either way i like it 😊-Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! This is Brooklyn! Me and Hailey got email thingies 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although we have to continue on different blogs 😢

      Delete
    2. Gmail, she means gmail 😂😆

      Delete
    3. oops :/ Yes that's what I meant XD

      Delete
    4. What's the difference between Email and Gmail!?! 😝 I'm so confused!😖

      Delete
  4. Thats so cool! Do you want to know my email address so taht we can email each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is an Email the same thing as a Gmail, cuz we don't have a Email :/ plus, I don't think we'd be able to 😔

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Ask a Character