Chapter 42

 Chapter 42

I almost choke on the food I am chewing. “What?” I ask, trying to comprehend what he just said. If Chris is gone then, then everyone wasted their time trying to find me when they could’ve found Chris, someone much better for the job of being on a mission! Why did they choose me and not him? Why did Will waste so much time and not go looking for him? My fork drops from my hand abruptly and everyone turns to stare at me. But I don’t care, Will has let someone get tortured, has let someone be in darkness for months. And what did he do about it? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! I remember the hard, cold touch of the staff as it had raised above my head and struck. I shudder, is Chris going through that? No. A tiny voice in the back of my head says. Will would never do something like that without a reason, he’s not that kind of person and you know it. I let the voice calm me.


Corrin turns to her brother furiously, “Your just as bad as her. No, I- I don’t know what to say.” Corrin stutters, staring at Will in disbelief. “Look, I can explain.” Will trys, but Nixon is already up from his seat. “Dude, NOT cool.” He glares at Will. “I knew he was evil.” I pivot around to see the source of the voice, Rayonetta. I gasp, her hair is cut short and let loose. She wears a simple black top with some leggings and some vans. “Ah, don’t be so surprised to see me.” Rayonetta says. “He was evil from the start, and you know it. Why did he always keep to himself? Scheming. Why did he make himself look like a great battle field man? Faking. And his friendship with Will? Psh, please. You seriously didn’t see that coming, did you?” Rayonetta laughs, and walks around the now silent room. 


“Why have you been keeping to yourself then?” I demand, wanting to know answers. “I have been planning a lot of things. We have been getting absolutely nowhere with our sitting around and obsessing about friend drama. We need to actually get stuff done, and no one has been doing that lately so someone has to!” Rayonetta explains. Will glances around at all the staring people, their faces in disbelief. “Let’s talk somewhere...more private.” Will says, throwing another uneasy glance toward the crowd. Rayonetta flips her hair, but does not succeed when her hair is short. “Alright then, let’s get going.” Rayonetta says. I sigh and follow the others out of the cafeteria, hearing a murmur pass through the room before I leave. 


We go to sit in the lobby of the castle where comfortable couches, chairs, pillows, and blankets lay. I sit on a couch and Corrin comes to sit next to me. “Alright, first things first, why did you leave Chris to die? Just because someone is evil does NOT mean that they can be tortured without rescue, they can change you know.” Corrin says. “And what about you?” Nixon turns towards Rayonetta. “I have come up with a plan on how to defeat Lamia, and how to find the next clue from Zelena.” 

Comments

  1. πŸ˜‚I love how Rayonetta immediately goes to the "He was evil all along" talk. Food a second I thought it was Lamia speaking through her, and I guess it's a possibility. You know, Lamia speaking though Rayonetta, who is the most serious out of the group, trying to get them to turn on Chris. At first I was like, "wait, did Nixion just say he though WILL was evil?" πŸ˜… but then I read where it said: I pivot around to see the source of the voice, Rayonetta. then I was like: Ohhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm with Ryonetta, I think he's evil 😏. I love that you made Rayonetta cut her hair! Great choice! 😁😍 what hair length does she have so I can make can art and remake that poster, I'm going to do it on paper because when I did it on my drawing tablet, I couldn't print it out πŸ˜‰

      Delete
    2. Fan art* not can art πŸ˜…

      Delete
    3. Or I might do it on the drawing tablet, it's easier πŸ˜• hmm..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character