Chapter 41

 Chapter 41

“And you think this is the reason why she’s avoiding you?” Corrin asks as we eat our food in the cafeteria. “Yeah, what else would it be?” I ask. I immediately spot Will’s yellow hair and see him come over to our table. “Oh, hey Will!” I say cheerfully. “Hey.” He mumbles. I stare at him, why is he acting this way? “Hey, you OK?” Corrin asks, bumping his shoulder playfully. “Yeah, I might be resigned from my position as a tribal leader.” He says miserably. “Oh, no I am so sorry!” I say with a guilty look on my face. This is all because of me. Lamia is going after me  therefore sending her spies after me, therefore forcing us to flee the sunset tribe and Will will be fired. Great...just great.


“Don’t go thinking that this is your fault Byleth, cause it’s not.” Will looks at me and a goofy grins appears on my face. “You're worth it.” Will says, he smiles. Corrin rolls her eyes, “Here we go.” She picks at her food. “Does Weth strike again?” I turn around to see the beaming face of Nixon. Weth? What kind of name is that? Is that a new word that I haven’t yet discovered of the Elvin culture? “What’s Weth?” I ask, but it’s too late. I realize that’s me and Will’s names combined together. Oh brother. I sigh. “Hey! Don’t go pouting there leth, I could have gone with Bill. That is WAY less funny.” Nixon adds as he squeezes between my and Corrin. I see Amelia walking into the room, but her hair is down and she does not have any of the usual perfectness that the normal Amelia would have. I wave her over.


She smiles in my direction, but goes to sit at another table, alone. Apparently Nixon see the transaction because he gives a nervous glance my way. I have enough on my plate with trying to find anything, any clue that would signal Zelena’s return but nothing has happened so far. I don’t need friend drama in my mind as well. “Still avoiding you?” Will asks me and Nixon. We both nod uneasily. Does he know the reason why Amelia is avoiding us? I hope not because that would mean...never mind. “I for one think we should go to Hawthorne, demand that they surrender, and bam we save the world!” Nixon spreads his arms out, drawing attention to our side of the table. My face warms and I look down at the velvet carpet below me to avoid their gaze. 


I think about all the important people that have been training for our mission, has that been put on hold because of Zelena’s encounter with us? That makes me think about Chris, Will’s old friend. The last time I mentioned him Will simply said that he hadn’t been around lately. I look around the dining room anxiously. Where did he go? “Will? Where’s Chris?” I decide to ask him. “Yeah, I’ve been wondering about that guy.” says Corrin, eating a mouthful of rice. Everyone turns to Will, curious at what he might say. “Byleth, I’m sorry but he went Missing in action during the attack.”


I know you were expecting an audio for my chapters but sadly audio does not work on audio :( I am sorry that this had to happen. I will keep on trying but don't get your hopes up. I hope you all have an amazing rest of your day!  

Comments

  1. Aaw, it's fine😅. Yeah, good thing Nixon didn't go with Bill lol😂, Weth sounds WAY better. Poor Chris, I wonder why HE went missing. I keep thinking of three different reasons. One, he back stabbed everyone. Two, there was something those people wanted from him. Three, he was part of the reason Byleth wasn't taken. You never saw him much so it's hard to tell what type of person he is😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I completely forgot about him 😅 and it's fine about the audio, don't pressure yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character