Chapter 40

 Chapter 40

My brain is spinning, spinning so fast that I have to hold on to the columns that hold the ceiling up. “Whoa, leth. Take a deep breath there. I didn’t mean it like that.” He says. I stare down at the pillows below me. “She’s jealous?” I confirm, trying to wrap my head around it. This means...this means that she thinks me and Nixon are like together? That’s not true! If she wants to be friends with him, she can! I’m not stopping, her...am I? “Yeah.” He says blankly, looking anywhere but me. He rips his hand through his hair. “So….what should we do?” Nixon asks. “I don’t know. We are just friends. If she thinks we’re..” I trail off, not wanting to say the word together. Nixon doesn’t reply. Oh no, does he think that we aren’t friends? “We are just friends..right?” I say, trying to get him to look at me. “Yeah, of course.” He mumbles. But I’m not convinced by the tone of his voice.


“It’s not like we can just go up to her and be like ‘Oh we aren’t together at all, we just are friends. So you can be friends with him if you want.” Nixon says. I cringe at the word together. I know that doesn’t describe anything I just...I don’t exactly want that word appearing in our conversations. I bite my lip, not sure how to respond. “Or maybe we should just let her cool off. That’s what my mom always told me. If someone is really mad at someone they are close to, they need time to think about how to solve it.” I suggest. Nixon nods at my suggestion slowly. “So what should we do in the meantime?” He asks. “Um, what we have been doing. Why?” I question. “Oh, I don’t know, I just…” He looks down at the ground. I conjure a pile of dirt up with my hand. I will  my mind to make it sprout into a tree but it doesn’t work. 


Me and Will have been practicing with our power lately since we know we will have to use it sometime soon. We have been trying to combine the powers to create a huge force but so far...it isn’t working. Since we don’t have a proper teacher and Rayonetta says she quotes ‘Have already learned everything and don't need our help’, we don’t exactly have the best chances. One thing about Rayonetta, she has been kind of secluded lately. After our meals together, she abruptly announces she has to leave and scurries to her room in a frantic run. I’m guessing that she still needs to get used to how life is here, but we have already been here in Mentalia for two months and nothing actually exciting has happened since the attack. Don’t get me wrong, being captured and knocked unconscious is not fun, but at least I have been very bored with sitting around, training in something that we aren’t even making any progress on, and watching Mavi make slow circles around my room.


I snap back to reality. I ponder what Nixon has just said. He doesn’t know just what? I am very confused. That is something that someone usually says when they want to tell the other something, but they don’t have the courage to do it. I remember my math teacher that was obsessed with romance once saying: “When someone stumbles over their words. Or says something like ‘I don’t know...I just’ then you know that they want to confess their love for you!!” I know of course that that is not true with Nixon, but I can’t help but think about what she said.


Hi! I really hoped that you liked that chapter! I am still working on the rest of those bitmojis so standby while I do that! I was thinking about how cool it is when you listen to someone read a book. They have such cool voices and expression in their reading! Now, of course I don't probably have the expression and great voices like they do, but I think it would be really cool if I read each chapter and posted my voice reading it on my blog along with each chapter! So you could either simply read my chapter. Or, you could follow along with what the chapter says and listen to me reading it! Comment below and let me know what you think of the idea. Have an amazing rest of your night!

Comments

  1. Ooooh, It'd be just like an audio! :D I love the idea! And I find it so funny when there's a character who cracks a lot of jokes, and doesn't SEEM to take much stuff very seriously, and then there's EVERY once in a while when they have their moments and it's like "Wow, they didn't even crack a single joke, things must be serious!" That's their downfall XD. You can tell when they have affections for someone or when they want to prove to someone something, because they aren't really joking around at all... Of course, that's just what I think, I' not really the "Feelings" or "Romance" Type of girl, so that's just what I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, that's got to be the longest thing I've said after reading the chapters XD

      Delete
    2. Lol, things are going to get dramatic 😉

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the sound of an audio! I have a wings of fire (book 9) audio and it's fun to listen to! 🎶

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character