Chapter 38

 Chapter 38

“My what?” Is my first reaction. “You were way too sad. I’m not sure about your human world, but here in the elivin world if we get too sad, it breaks our minds. Some people never make it.” Russel’s voice falters and I catch a  glimpse of sadness in his eyes. “You were too sad about something and you’ve been carrying it around with you everywhere.” Russel explains. I take a shaky breath. “Is there a cure?” I ask, what if this is like a disease or something that has no cure? “Oh, well this isn’t exactly a disease that you can cure.” Rusell replies matter of factly. My heart thumps. “Well, the main thing I’m getting to is- is that this isn’t a disease. It is something mental. Only a telepathor can heal it. But, they are very rare. And your symptoms will only get worse until you get treated.”


Of course they are rare, of course the symptoms will only get worse. “How long have I been unconscious?” I ask. “The whole afternoon. Your friends have been eagerly awaiting to see if you are well but alas, you need to rest. No more distractions for at least a day.” Russell clarifies. “What?” I sit bolt upright in my seat. The motion of both speaking harshly, and sitting up is painful. I wince. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, every movement you make will require another five elixirs, and they do not taste good.” Russel flashes a smile that warns me I don’t want to take those elixirs. “Did I fall?” I ask, wondering how in the world a slight movement could cause so much care. 


“Well, luckily Nixon caught you.” He says. My face warms. “This is going to be very boring. So, I brought you a pet. He doesn’t require much, but try not to pet him because of your arm.” Russel pulls out a small pastel creature, “Mavi!” I cry in delight. “Um, as far as I’m concerned these are called Figsons.” Russel frowns. “No, I caught this in the unknown territories and named him Mavi!” I say. Russel nods and then sets Mavi in my lap. His ears twitch a bit as he squeaks. “Thank you!” I say. I stroke behind his pastel ears and I bet you if he could wag, he would be doing that right now. “Mavi, this is going to be one long day.”

Comments

  1. Aaaw, I was wondering what happened to Mavi 😁. Ooooh, why do I have a feeling one of Byleth's friends are going to be a telepathor?😅 so you know, I have a question that I'm going to ask on that one post 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about Mavi 😶. I have a bunch this 'visiting Russle' thing is going to be a new normal 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character