Chapter 37

 Chapter 37

“And so you're telling me that you decided to go without us?” Corrin rips her hands through her hair for the tenth time today. Once we had gotten back, we were bombarded with questions about where we went. I left Will to answer most of them, and walked to the stream. Now, I have been brought back to the castle lobby and again am being bombarded with questions. “Yeah…” I say. My heart leaps when Will comes into the room. His eyes look down at the ground, those cobalt blue eyes reflect off of the slick lobby floor. He snaps his head up, meeting my gaze once but I look away before anything can happen. Nixon comes after him, and pulls up a chair where we all sit.


“Ok, so can you include me next time you try to steal all the stars?” Nixon asks. Corrin elbows him. Amelia just looks at the floor. “Ah come on, why do you have to get all the fun?” Nixon whines. “Sweetie, I’m not sure what you want to do with your life yet, maybe an astronaut is a good idea. I just want you to know that I am proud of you for whatever you do and you will do great things with the ability you have.” Mom strokes my cheek and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I remember my mom saying that when I had come home from highschool one day and failed a test that was crucial to what college I got into. I had come home crying and flopped onto my bed.


My mom had come in and said the words to me, and she meant them more than anything. Or if she even is my mom. A headache flares and I pinch my nose to keep it from happening. Unfortunately, it only gets worse. “Hey, you ok?” I hear Amelia ask. “Someone get a Physician!” I hear someone yell. That’s the only thing that happens before everything turns black.


********************


I trace my fingers along smooth, soft fabric. I have been in this room once before I realize. But why? I suck in a breath, the motion hurting me so much that I yelp. “I thought she was unconscious.” I hear a voice say. The voice is very familiar. Russel? Russel is the doctor that treated me after I got captured by the cloaked person. I didn’t get to know him very well but I do know that a feeling of relief floods over me whenever I see him because it means that I am being taken care of, and that I am hopefully going to be ok. I muster enough energy to open my eyes, slowly but surely. At first everything is blurry, but then most of the things around me come into view. I see shelves of elixirs or medicine that could cure practically any disease and then I come to the smiling face of Russel, his dirty blonde hair is messy just like last time and he wears a rainbow doctor’s uniform.


“What happened to me?” I manage to ask before a searing pain erupts in my throat. “Byleth, your sadness has broken you.”

Comments

  1. Wow, their sanity must be VERY fragile. Russel reminds me of Elwin ๐Ÿ˜…, from the messy hair to the silly clothes๐Ÿ˜. ๐Ÿ˜• hmmm, so if her sadness has broken her, how does that work? Will she live with pain in her throat for eternity or die..... I mean, she's The main character, she's obviously going to live but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you said you took a lot of things from Keeper of the lost cities, you meant A LOT. I hope that's not offensive, but you TOLD us to be truthful and tell you what we think... ๐Ÿ˜– Hailey keeps telling me that "you can't blame her, she's trying to do a chapter a day and is in the middle of re-reading keeper of the lost cities" not that I AM blaming you ๐Ÿ˜Œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character