Chapter 36

 Chapter 36

“We’ve been here for at least half an hour, shouldn’t someone be coming?” Will sighs, tossing a rock into the water. I glance back at the water, half expecting a black cloaked person to come out of the water. Nothing happens whatsoever. “How’s it going here?” I whip around to see a girl, her silhouette doesn’t show much but I can tell that she is probably older than us. “Who are you?” Will immediately conjures up a fireball, poised to throw it at the girl. She holds her hands up innocently “Don’t worry, I mean no harm. Honestly, I’m surprised to see that you brought along the boy Byleth. I was only expecting one.” The girl says, she steps into the moonlight. She wears a simple white dress with a pink cloth over the front of it. Her hair is half up half down and it is a simple dirty blonde color.


Will raises his eyebrows, still not trusting this new girl. “This is a trap.” He mumbles under his breath. “I assure that this is not a trap Mr. Loraic.” The girl reassures. Will’s head snaps up, aware that someone has used his last name. I stare at him, somehow I forget that elves have last names. There’s too many ways that they differ from humans so I guess I didn’t think about it.. I wave the thought away, messing with my now white hair. I dig into the pockets of the pants I wear and discover a hair elastic. I tie my hair up into a messy bun with two strands of hair in the front, I’m ready to fight if I need to. I hold a droplet of water in my hand. “Who am I? Oh the things you don’t know...for now I guess we can settle with the fact that my name is Zelena.” She introduces herself. 


“And I am here to get you,” She points to me. “On the right path. Your powers are truly extraordinary and I believe that you need proper training for this.” Zelena explains. Me? What about Will, or Rayonetta? They are all element dragons, why didn’t Zelena choose any of them? I sigh, wanting to know more. “And how exactly are you going to train her?” Will asks. “It’s simple, she will know once she is informed.” Zelena continues vaguely. “Well thanks for the clarification.” Will comments. “I cannot tell you much for now, but I need you to know that you should keep looking for clues. Keep looking for things that are unusual and you will know that I am a part of it.” Zelena explains. “Here, use this to find your way home.” She tosses us a bottle filled with a red sludge. “Oh, and one more thing.” She turns back toward us. “What?” I ask, realizing it’s one of the only words I’ve said here. “Keep the Opal Amethyst.” Zelena adds. 


Before I can ask another question, Zelena disappears into the waves, not going underwater- but not using the light sludge. “That was weird.” I say. “One thing, we definitely shouldn’t trust her. I mean think about it. I bet you she just wants to use you for evil.” Will says. Should I trust her? I don’t know why I would, she’s super mysterious. I sigh again. “Let’s go home.” Is all I say before I uncork the bottle; unleashing a yellowish light this time. I feel Will take my hand before we step into the light it makes, sweeping the stars from the sky.

Comments

  1. "Keep looking for things that are unusual and you will know that I'm a part of it. " Very helpful Zelena, so if Byleth sees a monkey that flies, and she finds it unusual even though it's just an elvan creature, she should follow it 😂. I myself actually didn't think of them having last names. They never mention them in their introductions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly though, it was smart of you to give them last names, cause there ARE going to be people with the same names. We had that problem with our pixies, we didn't give them last names, but if they asked a pixie "do you know where a Tulip is" and they'd respond, "there's more then one pixie named 'Tulip,' can you be more specific? " 😂. You should be very glad you gave them last names and didn't make the same mistake we did 😆

      Delete
  2. I picture Zelena having red hair, not blond. I wonder why... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me curious.. I guess you know someone from something that goes by that name?😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character