Chapter 35

 Chapter 35

Well, the name definitely makes sense. The magenta walls glow like lava and make the whole room or hall pink. I turn toward the chandeliers ahead of us, wondering what they do. I stare at the invisible floor below me, still marveling at the fact that glass can hold all of our weight. “Wow this reminds me of Zelda.” I murmur, remembering how I beat the human video game several times. “What?” Will turns to me. “Oh, nothing this just reminds me of a human video game.” I reply, careful not to look up to meet his eyes. “Oh.” Is all he says before moving again, keeping up with my fast walk pace. We get closer to the crystal chandeliers. “So what do we do now?” I think aloud. “I was wondering the same thing. I mean it’s not like there’s a note here, right?” Will confirms. I shrug, unsure of what to do next. I step forward to one of the chandeliers, gazing at the pastel crystals on it.


        

“Hey, hold up look at this.” I walk over to Will, surprised to see another bottle but black this time. “All it has is this black stuff inside, should we open it?” Will holds the gleaming bottle up to his eye. There’s nothing in the bottle, except for black. It looks like someone took all the stars out of the universe and liquefied it. I glance at the chandelier in front of us, wondering if there is some kind of connection that I don’t know about. I notice a small bowl like dent in one of the podiums that meet up with chandeliers. It’s blue and covered in ancient runes that I don’t care to translate. “Hey, what if it goes in there?” I point to the podium with the dent in it. Will nods his head and walks toward the spot where I stand. I fumble with the plain hoodie I had put on today. “Ok, you ready?” asks Will. I nod, giving him a thumbs up. “Ok, here we go.” He uncorks the bottle and pours the contents out in the bowl. Nothing happens, the sludge just bubbles and takes the shape of the bowl. 


But a little while after, the crystals on the low-hanging chandelier above move toward the black substance, twisting as they go. As soon as the first crystal touches the sludge a purplish path emits from the crystals. It reminds me of the one that the purple rhinestone made to get us here. “Should we go?” I ask Will. “Ready when you are.” He flashes a smile and holds his hand out. “Here we go!!” He yells as we step into the next path ahead, ready to take on whatever comes next. 


                           ******************


Waves crash against dark rocks. The purple path has not only taken us five other places, but it’s also not the most amazing sensation to be so far away from the safety of Mentalia. After I sit down on the sand, ready to give up and go home I realize that we don’t have a specific way to get home. The only way of transportation we’ve been using is the stone and the sludge. I sigh. “How do we get home?” I decide to ask Will after a long time of silence. “I have absolutely no idea.” 


I really hope you liked that chapter! Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that I want you to comment below and tell me if there is anything that you don't understand! This will help me a lot with improving on my book and as an author, it's not like I can just write a book without people telling me what I do wrong. So please tell me if there is anything you don't understand or anything that doesn't make sense! (I already know there is a couple of things wrong with my story, I just don't know what they are so you are the ones to tell me)

Comments

  1. Well, if you insist... Btw! Amazing details with this chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, if the time was different in the human world then the elf world, then just for that day Corrin was in the human world, when she came back William would have been WAY older. I'm sure there's other stuff that Hailey might mention, but that's all for me. Oh and also, did you know there's a game called Lamia 😝, you named a character off of a game (or possibly a book)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, first of all, thank you so so so much for telling me about the fantasy name generator! I'm able to do much more stuff cause of it 😍. however, there isn't actually anything I can think of (you know, about the whole tell me if there's anything wrong) but if there is something, for you, I will mention it 😅

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character