Chapter 34

 Chapter 34

The words slosh around in my mind, making no sense as the letters swirl around like a fire out of control. “It can what?” I ask. Teleporting is in books, in movies. No, not here. “Byleth this rhinestone pulls energy and light from the stars, bending to kind of create a star pathway to wherever you think or want to go. “Their so rare that only five have been reported to be in existence. Whoever put this bottle here must have incredible power because all of the stones are highly guarded and kept in very dangerous places.” Nixon adds. What if the note wasn’t meant for me? What if the person’s plan went wrong and I picked it up instead of someone else? “What if this isn’t meant for me?” I ask Nixon, anxious. “I think it was meant for you, who else would be in the little spot that you always hang out? Plus, even if it isn’t yours, you should keep it, it’s pretty rare.” He winks. “Nixon!” I whine.


He puts his hands up, his face full of humor. “Ok, ok I’m just saying.” Nixon sighs, running his hands through his already messy hair. I stare at the purple rhinestone, shimmering like a galaxy. It honestly does look like stars are in there, captured to never be seen again. Will comes over, his face full of concern. His glittering blue eyes meet mine. “What’s going on?” He asks. I roll the rough stone across my hand, trying to find a way to activate the thing. “I found this.” I hand him the note and the bottle, careful to keep the stone where I can see it. “Whoa, this is serious stuff. I don’t know what this person intended for that to be used for though. In fact did you know that it can-” Will gets cut off. “I already told her.” Nixon mentions. Will nods slowly, turning his gaze back towards the stone. After feeling the stone several times, I feel a part that is more popped out than the others. I dig my nail into the part, willing it to be something that’s important. A latch opens up, emitting some kind of strange pink and purple light. 


My heart takes a small leap as I step into the path of light, ready for whatever comes next. I feel a hand clasp into mine and have only a little amount of time to see that Will has grasped my hand, not wanting me to endure this alone. I catch Nixon’s words before the glittering path whisks me away, “No Byleth!” I ignore him, focusing on the purple trail ahead. After five steps on the somewhat solid ground, I realize that the ground is not the dirt crusted forest floor, it is nothing. The ground is invisible, must be glass. I stop, daring myself to take one more step. “Do you...know what this is?” I ask Will, my hand still firmly holding on to his. Magenta walls start to appear all around us, illuminating the rest of the darkness. The room seems to stretch on forever but not long after I see something of a chandelier. A crystal star hangs from each one. Will shakes his head. “I remember learning something about this in school but not much. 


I do remember my teacher saying something about the stones, but not much. I only remember one name; the Magenta Room.”       

Comments

  1. I agree! and only five in existence? Wow, Byleth is just giving Lamia one more reason to be after her 😅

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character