Chapter 32

 Chapter 32

“I’m sorry.” I say. “It’s fine.” Nixon replies as he wraps his arms around me, embracing me in a hug. “I know that you’re human parents totally miss you right now too. I bet you they’ve been looking for you and then they were like ‘well wherever that troublemaker is she’ll take care of herself’ well, with the help of me of course.” Nixon always finds a way to work a joke into his words. I smile and giggle a bit. He lets go. “Oh, and one more thing, so Will has been itching to hang out with you lately. I would suggest inviting him to the river or something or else he might explode. He says he’s been really bored lately and has been trying to get away from Mataya. She’s been practically stalking him.” Nixon explains. I shiver, I can’t imagine what it’s like to have someone like queen Mataya stocking you. I nod.

**************


“This is one cool place.” Will says. I nod. I told Will that he could escape from Mataya here; the stream. “So how’s it going with Amelia?” He asks. “Pretty good, she’s getting settled into her new room right now. I don’t want her to come on the mission though.” I say. “Why not?” Will’s brown eyes bore into mine, making me feel like he can see right through me. I bite my lip, “I don’t want her to get hurt, we’ve already come here and swept up enough people to come on the mission with us. I know she probably won’t let me tell her not to go but, I want my friend to be safe. I mean, I don’t want to be the girl that brought her friend and a bunch of other people into danger.” I reply. He looks up at the sky for a moment. I let out a breath. “Where’s Chris been lately?” I ask, realizing Will’s friend hasn’t shown up lately. “Oh, he’s dealing with everyone in battle training.” Will says. Oh I think another person that’s doing something they probably don’t want to do because of me


I am the one who came into Stathford all of a sudden after all. I am the one who is probably the reason that Lamia and her group is something after the rest of the elf population. I’m the one who brings evil with me everywhere, I know they follow me and spy on me. How else would they have known that I was here; in Mentalia and attacked? “Hey, don’t say that it’s your fault Byleth, because it’s not. In fact, I wanted to tell you something-” before Will can finish his sentence, I see Nixon walking up. “Why all the fun without me?” He asks. I smile as he sits down next to us. “So what should we name this little group? I’m thinking ‘the Nixon squad’ What do you think?” Nixon suggests. “Uh, how about something that’s centered on all of us; not just you?” Will protests. “That’s really not as fun as my idea but I guess we can take a vote.” Nixon sighs. 


“Found anything new about anything?” Nixon asks me and Will. “Well, I did find a pair of footsteps outside of the castle yesterday outside of the steps. They were elf, for sure but I’m not sure who would be outside at night. I saw them in the morning.” Will replies. Does that mean that someone was trying to take me again? I will never forget the shock and pain of when my kidnapper knocked me in the head with his heavy staff. I shudder, not even wanting to think about it. “Well one thing for sure, no one’s solving a mystery without me.” I turn around to find the source of the voice; Amelia.

Comments

  1. Poor William, Mataya obviously still has feelings for him 😂. Amilia isn't going to let Byleth just leave her again tho, that's for sure. Plus! I want my favorite character in the book more! Go ahead and be stubborn Amilia!!😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character