Chapter 22

 Chapter 22

“He what?” Corrin asks me again. I told her everything about what she asked and am now asking her about how nervous Will was to ask the question. “Oh, I am so surprised he actually did it!” Corrin exclaims. I nod. She definitely knows what the question was. “What was his question?” I ask her. “Oh well you see it’s kind of a thing that he was gonna do but he was too nervous so I told him that tonight he should ask it and I thought he wouldn’t even try but wow! And I can’t really tell you because it’s Will’s question so…” Corrin explains. I wonder what the question is now. Does he like me and is wondering if I like him back? No. A voice in the back of mind says this but I try to ignore it. All that part of my mind has done for me is make me sad. “Wow so you like Will, and so does Rayonetta. And you kind of maybe sorta admitted that to him.” Corrin sums up. 


“I didn’t say that!” I protest. “Well when he asked if he was charming you were like ‘Oh, shut up’ That’s what someone does when they want to hide their feelings from someone else. I think he got the message of what you were saying.” Corrin giggles. I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around to see that it’s Will. He’s with another man whose hair is black and combed. He has a tuxedo, just like Will. “Hello girls, this is a fellow friend of mine. Chris meet Byleth, and you’ve met Corrin before I believe.” Will introduces us. “Nice seeing you again.” Corrin says. I say nothing, you never know if Chris could be someone not worth trusting. That’s what always goes through my mind when I meet someone new or am introduced to someone new.


Will pulls up a chair and Chris does the same. “So me and Chris have been talking and we think that we should spend a few more days here and then we go back out on the mission. We’ll see if we can find the guy who stole our power. If not, then we’ll just head over to Hawthorne.” Will summarizes. Wait, we? Will is acting like Chris gets to make the decisions for our group alongside him. And it’s not like Chris is coming with us, right? Plus, what’s Hawthorne? “I have so many questions, what’s Hawthorne? Is Chris coming with us?” I question. “Oh, I forgot to tell you but we’re adding a few more men to our group. One for more protection and two because I am literally the only guy in the group that we have right now. Hawthorne is Lamia’s hometown. We might take Ivory with us if we do that because she said she knows that place like the back of her hand.” Will replies. Ok then I guess someone can just make the decision to add more people than I am comfortable with for the group, totally fine. Gee thanks Will. I get up and leave the table. I am done with this conversation. 


BTW, in one of the recent chapter I mentioned Ivory coming with the girls before the ball started. For some reason in my mind I thought that Ivory had come with them and she was there. But, as I said in earlier chapters she stayed back in the fruit forest to take care of the animals. So, let's just pretend that she flew over to the daylight tribe kingdom after the others did. I also wanted to apologize for not blogging yesterday when I do it every Sunday. Since I don't have enough time for that tonight, I will do it tomorrow. Everything has been so busy with school lately and I totally forgot about that. I hope you are enjoying my book!

Comments

  1. I can't believe you have kept up almost every day in writing a chapter. So impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally understand! 😁 I also still can't believe u can keep doing chapters!! It must be very hard finding the time. And I hadn't even noticed that Ivory wasn't with them lol πŸ˜‚ But it was just a simple mistake (we make them ALL the time in our books) -Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it's mostly the fact that I don't spell check :/ sometimes it's that I think of something and then I tell Hailey and she (as she calls it) "crushes my hopes and dreams" by telling me it doesn't make any sense πŸ˜… but I'm glad she "crushes my hopes and dreams" because then I'd have A LOT of stuff in my series that doesn't make sense πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character