Chapter 21

 Chapter 21

I convince myself that this is just a normal thing one friend would say to another but somehow I think the question that Will asked means more. Dancing means dancing slowly and being romantic, not being silly between friends. Regardless of my own opinion though, I take Will’s hand. We start to dance. “Hey, what’s up with her?” Will points to a table where Rayonetta is sitting, her hair down- a rare occurrence and her face stricken with frustration. “I think she’s jealous.” I state. I can’t hide my laughter. Rayonetta, all bold and terrifying, has a soft spot for Will. “What’s so funny?” Will asks. I start to giggle. “Ok Byleth what’s going on here?” Will asks again. “Ok, so please don’t tell her I said this but she kind of likes you and she’s jealous because we’re dancing.” I say. Will’s face contorts into laughter. “Wow, that was unexpected.” Will remarks. “I know it.” I agree. “I’m that charming eh?” He teases. I blush, “Oh shut up.” I say. We both share a good laugh.


“So that question you wanted to ask earlier?” I question. Will looks at me. “Oh yeah, that question. Um, well maybe we can talk about this later huh?” Will looks nervous, his face is pale and his hands shaking. “Ok, you don’t have to tell me now but I will know eventually.” I assure him. He nods slowly. I lean my head into his shoulder, letting myself relax after a long journey. What was the question that Will wanted to ask me and why is he so nervous about asking me? Maybe I could ask Corrin. After all, she’s his brother and I think he would tell her first if something was really bothering him. “Will?” I ask him. I pull away from him. “I’m sorry about earlier with Ivory and me getting all evil. I was just jealous, that’s all. Back home I never really had any friends so my first one I kind of expected to be perfect.” I confess. I know that’s not really why I was jealous in the first place but it works for now. 


“It’s ok, I was being a little crazy with Ivory. I felt bad for her because she was under a curse for a really long time you know? I completely forgive you. It’s not your fault that Lamia controlled you. She can do it whenever she wants and that is not fair. But, who’s to stop her? I forgive you.” Will says. “Thanks.” I say. We continue to dance and listen to a slow song. The dancing officially stops for everyone and as everyone is going back to their tables to catch up with friends, I see Corrin at a table with a young handsome man. He has brown hair and has piercing blue eyes. Corrin and him are laughing about something. “Well, I’d better go. I’d really love to stay but you know the queen, she always wants me around to protect her.” The man shares a soft laugh with Corrin and then gets up to leave the table. “Oh hey Byleth!” Corrin waves me over to the table. “Who was that?” I ask her. “Oh, his name is Adam. Isn’t he handsome? He’s the queen’s guard.” Corrin explains. “Yeah, looks like you two were having a lot of fun.” I say as I sit down into a chair across from Corrin’s. “Alright, you need to tell me all the details of what’s going on between you and Will and what Rayonetta was talking about earlier.” Corrin says. “This is going to be a long story.” I sigh.       

Comments

  1. Poor Rayanetta. Her secret has just been tossed out like trash 😅 I'm not sure Byleth realizes that once Rayanetta finds out that she willingly told Will. Things aren't going to be good (especially since Rayanetta trusted Byleth with the secret) -Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Brown hair and piercing blue eyes..." Wow. Sounds kind of mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rayonetta's going to get back at Byleth sooner or later lol -Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character