Chapter 20

 Chapter 20

I find walking down the ballroom steps quite horrifying as they are really high, and at any time I can trip on my dress and fall down the whole thing. But, for now I think that if I fell down, I would take Corrin, Rayonetta, and Ivory down with me. Will is waiting down at the bottom with some other men that I don’t recognize. Will looks up at me for the first time, his face in awe. After what seems like hours, we all reach the bottom of the stairs where I meet Will. “Wow Byleth, you look...amazing.” Will comments. I blush, “Oh you too.” I smile. “Let’s go get some punch and food ok?” He suggests. I nod and he puts his arm out, “Shall we?” he asks. “We shall.” I giggle and we hook arms over to the food and drink table. The food is absolutely delicious with cakes and pastries of all kinds. “Jurassic difference from what we had to eat in the forest eh?” Will asks me. We sit at a two-person table in the middle of all the tables. I nod and laugh. “Hey, I was wondering If I could ask you something.” Will says. “Sure.” I say. But before he can say what he wants to say, Queen Mataya comes onto the stage in a glittering pastel ball gown that compliments her hair. “Tell me later ok?” I tell Will. He nods and we both listen to what Mataya’s saying. “Everyone, we gather here tonight for a wonderful feast! Ladies and gentlemen come together on this night to dance, and have fun! So far, has that happened?” Mataya questions, her words hanging in the air. The audience whoops and hollers a yes. “Great! Now we have some very important guests here! Firstly we have, king Will of the sunset tribe! Which will soon become my king?” Mataya gestures for Will to come on stage and will reluctantly does so with a roll of his eyes.


  

 Will walks up to the stage and stands next to Mataya, beaming. “Well Will, I believe that you have come here on a mission with some fellow friends of yours. These honorable people are trying to find someone who drained their power! They will share more details with us when the right time comes. Will, I heard that your little companion there sitting at the table is more than your friend, is that true?” Mataya asks. How does Mataya know that I like him? Does she think that we’re together? What will Will say? “No, we are just friends.” Will replies. I breathe a sigh of relief. Even though I would have kind of liked it if he said yes, that would be really awkward for the both of us. “Hmm, well we are glad that you can be here tonight. Would you like to say a few words?” Mataya asks. Will steps toward the microphone in reply and Mataya steps back. “Everyone, I want to thank you for your hospitality. We have had a long, tiring journey and boy am I excited for tonight’s sleep, I heard you have king beds and extra fluffy pillows. We don’t have that back at home, a twin bed for just one person and a queen bed for two people. And here is a king bed for just me?” Will says. The audience laughs. “But, I would like to officially name our mission as it is important and every mission needs a name. So I would like to declare that me and the other members are ongoing “Mission Star Pursuit”!” Will declares. 


I smile. Although we never decided on a team name all together, I think the name is a good one. Will steps down the stage and comes back to our table. “Good job!” I say, playfully patting him on the back. “Look, I’m sorry I didn’t confirm with you guys about the name but I just had that idea and felt like it was it.” Will apologizes. “It’s fine, it has a nice ring to it.” I reply. Mataya now announces that it is time for dancing. Awkward silence fills our table until Will finally says, “May I have this dance?”

So sorry that I couldn't post my chapters the last two nights! Last night I watched a movie past my bedtime with my cousins and the night before that my computer was super low on battery and I was not able to charge it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character