Chapter 19

 Chapter 19

I am bathed before I put my clothes on in a walk-in shower. Some of the dirt that comes off of me doesn’t even go down the drain, that’s how dirty I am. After I get out of the shower, Gen dresses me. She guides me over to the mirror where I see myself in my outfit. “Did you do a good job picking out the clothing?” Gen asks me. “No.” I turn from the mirror. “You did a great job! Thank you so much. If there’s anything else I can do for you, let me know.” I nod my thanks and Gen blushes. “Oh, it’s nothing, just a little task. I mean I do this every month.” Gen smiles. “Now, since you haven’t been to a ball here yet, I’ll let you know about our little tradition. Each girl meets up with each other before the ball starts and comments about each other’s outfits. Then, they all walk down the grand steps in the ballroom together.” Gen explains. I nod slowly, giggling at the thought of Rayonetta in a black dress.


I was right, Rayonetta is the one who I meet up with first and she looks stunning, but not her reaction. “I swear, whoever chose this for me will have the same treatment as their pretty little queen.” Rayonetta’s arms are crossed over a beautiful black dress that has see-through fabric from the neck down to the start of the dress and the sleeves. The rest of the dress is simple with stretchy fabric that still manages to make its way into the fancy category. “You look fine.” I manage to say, trying not to snicker. “Really? Like, Will’s gonna notice me.” Rayonetta rolls her eyes but then the both of us come to realization about what she just said. She turns red in the face and starts to fumble with her dress. Rayonetta? Liking Will? I’m not too concerned about anything though because I’m pretty positive that Will does not like Rayonetta back. “You like Will?” I ask her, a sly smile spreading across my face. “What? No. I just meant…” She trails off, not sure of what excuse she can make. “It’s ok, Rayonetta. We’re friends now, ok? You can tell me anything.” I bump her shoulder playfully. “Alright, alright I guess I kind of like him.” Rayonetta confesses.


Just at the perfect moment, Corrin comes in with a stunning pale pink dress that compliments her hair. It’s not her usual everyday style but it still looks beautiful on her. “What were you talking about?” Corrin asks the both of us. Before I can respond Rayonetta says a quick “Nothing.” and the subject is over. However, Corrin does give me a ‘Tell me everything later’ look. “You both look really nice.” I comment on both of them. “You too Byleth. I remember you wearing Converse the first day that I met you.” Corrin says. I nod. Ivory eventually comes up in her ball gown. It’s by far the poofiest dress out of all of ours. Pastels glitter all over the dress and Ivory’s hair is pulled up into a tight bun. “Hi everyone, I believe we have a ball to attend.” Ivory says. 


I didn't post last night because I went to a church event that lasted past my bed time so I was not able to post.

Comments

  1. Hope u see this, I wanna draw Rayonetta (of cocorse) but I don't know her hairstyle :{ (unless she just has her braid :] ) -Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character