Chapter 17

 I'm sorry that I wasn't able to post last night. We got home late because we had a picnic with our cousins. Without further ado, here is the chapter. (I left you all on a huge cliff hanger because I am going to be gone all week😈. I know, I'm cruel)


Chapter 17

A beautiful gold palace illuminates the now cloudy sky with walls as high as the clouds and a glass ceiling that is domed over the palace like a lid on a cup. The glass shimmers in the sun, barely visible through the heavy clouds hanging in the sky. “Pretty sweet, huh?” Will asks me. I don’t realize that my mouth is gaping open. “This looks like something a rich princess would have in a movie.” I say. Ivory hung back in the forest, saying that we could always come get her if we needed her help. Ivory felt as if she needed to take care of the animals, including Mavi. She said that things could get rough over here so I left Mavi with her. So now, it’s me, Corrin, Will, and Rayonetta. We trust Rayonetta now that we know she’s been controlled. It wouldn't be fair if we still didn’t trust her because I got controlled and everyone still trusts me. We swoop down to the front wall where elf guards stand, their bodies concealed in strong silver armor. “What are you here for?” the left soldier asks. I call him leftie soldier and the other rightie soldier. “I am William, tribal leader of the Sunset tribe and these are my friends.” Will introduces us. Leftie nods and starts to whisper to Rightie.


Rightie stands up, his posture rigid. “Welcome sir, please come in. We will let our queen know that she has visitors.” Rightie signals up to some other soldiers on top of the wall where a look-out balcony lays and the two front walls open up like gates to let us in. Will nods respectfully to Rightie and Leftie then heads into the palace. The inside is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. A huge fountain lays in the middle of a girl dressed in a beautiful dress and a gold tiara. On the other three sides of the palace, shops and restaurants stand. Every few shops, a long pool is there, containing children with fashionable swimsuits playing. I look at Will to see his reaction of all this but for some reason, he looks uneasy. “Will, what’s wrong?” I ask him. “What, me? Oh nothing.” Will lies. I sigh, knowing that I will know soon enough of what’s bothering him. We finally come up to the main castle that looks just as normal as any other castle, only it’s a baby blue. 


More guards ask who we are and even more let us in. Inside the castle are many statues of the queen. Some of them are her getting saved by someone who looks a lot like Will, and some of them are of her posing in her best outfits. On the ceiling, paintings of the queen hang. Wow, this queen must really like herself. I think. After the long hall of statues and paintings end, a gold throne sits on a raised platform with steps leading up to it. On it sits a woman with wavy blonde hair, a dress that goes so low you can’t even see her shoes, and a lot of makeup. Her dress is a lovely shade of lavender along with a dark blue. “Well, it looks like you’ve come again. You know I’m always ready when you are, Will.” The queen smiles at Will. What’s this about? I think. I look at Will, curiously. “So um, we used to be together and well we kind of broke up.” Will explains. What? Does that mean he still has feelings for her? “And I think he would still make a handsome king alongside me but he doesn’t want that, does he? Oh no, all he wants to do is go be with his family. I do respect that but I don’t respect that he just dumped the love of his life in the back of his mind.” The queen glares at Will. “Well you weren’t the best either and-” but before Will can finish his sentence, he is cut off. Everyone cups their hands over their mouths, one of the pillars holding the castle up breaks, making the ceiling fall down on top of us.

Comments

  1. Whyyyy!!!? I knew u said u were going to leave us on a cliffhanger, but I
    Didn't think it would be like THIS! πŸ˜‚ I don't wanna wait a week!
    Also, can I be the first one to ask: What happened to the paragraphs? I
    mean, I do blogger all the time, so I know it messes up, but this has never happened to me!
    For the record, I don't know how u could have dealed with this, (since I always want my stuff perfectπŸ˜…) I would have been getting very irritated if that happened to me 😁 -Hailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the queen sounds very elegant 😊 -Hailey

      Delete
    2. I agree, with everything, and I know Hailey would LOVE to draw the queen πŸ˜‹-Brooklyn

      Delete
    3. Lol I was literally thinking about drawing her when I was reading the chapter XD coincidence? -Hailey

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about that! I tried copy and pasting the chapter again but it just stayed the same as the paragraphs! I'll try to work it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It's perfectly fine πŸ˜† I was just saying that if it were me I would have thrown a mini tantrum πŸ˜‚ -Hailey

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character