Chapter 16

Before I start this post, I would like to apologize for not posting my chapters this last couple of nights. One of the nights I was having a sleepover with my cousins, and the other I was really tired because me and my cousin stayed up so late. So, I am posting a chapter today. Please enjoy!😁

Chapter 16

This sounds straight out of a fairytale book- 4 dragons that are only born every 1,000 years, and I still have no idea if Stathford is actually in the human world. However, I practically live in a fairytale book now, so this doesn’t come as a surprise. After Rayonetta told all of us that she was an element dragon, everyone was silent. I can tell Rayonetta didn’t want to tell us about it because she looks down shyly. “So you were controlled.” I put together. She nods slowly. “It all began when I agreed to go on the trip. I would have gone with Corrin, but I couldn’t be seen with Lamia so I said I had to work alone.” Rayonetta explains. We all comprehend this information. “Guys, why don’t we talk about this in the air. We need to get moving or else Lamia will come back to bite us.” Will warns. We all agree and turn into our dragon forms.


The cold night air bites against my skin harshly but I ignore it, it’s time to move on now. “We were planning on going to the nearest tribe, the daylight tribe to see if we could stay there until we formulate a plan.” Will says. “I think that’s a good idea, we need to get as far away from here as possible.” Corrin agrees. We fly on. “Um so, I kind of feel like the questions are about to burst out of me so, I guess I’ll just ask them. How is it that me, Will and Ranyonetta are element dragons when we were born one thousand years apart? How did we get to Stathford from the human world?” I ask. “Those are both good questions, Byleth. We all are born one year from each other, not one thousand years. When Corrin told you about element dragons, she meant one thousand human years. So we are each one year apart. For the both worlds thing, when you are a dragon you automatically teleport here without even thinking about it. When Corrin took you to Stathford, you traveled to our dimension. It’s so complicated that even I don’t know the whole story.” Will replies.


A tear slips down my face. I hide it under my claws. My family will be dead by the time I get home if one thousand years pass every year I’m here. My mom, my brother, my dad, my everything- gone just like that. To me, Stathford is so much better than my normal life. However, it still makes me feel sad when I think about my family. I wonder what they’re thinking right now. ‘Where’s Byleth? Why did she disappear so suddenly?’ They probably think I was kidnapped by some crazy man. I look up at the sky, I remember when I felt sad I would go on top of our roof at home and look at the stars. It always comforted me somehow, knowing that each and every star was different, just like how I am from everyone else. I smile, remembering how my life was back in the human world. I would give anything right now to reside in my warm, comfortable bed and sleep in as late as I wanted to. I hope we’ll get this in the daylight tribe. It sounds like a nice tribe. I expect it to be just like Stathford. I realize that my hopes were too low when we get there.  

Comments

  1. Yikes, so what? It's to where every day that passes there is a year on earth... Wow, that's sad, but then again, in keeper of the lost cities, they were going to make Sophie's family think she was dead (Kendall, u know what I'm talking about 😉) I'm trying to decide which is worse 😆 -Hailey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character