Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“I’m your granddaughter?” I ask Lamia, amazed. How old is Lamia if I’m her granddaughter? Lamia nods. “I have shown no age though, due to how I mixed some powers together to make an age-healing potion.” Lamia explains. “So that’s why I’m an element dragon?” I ask her. “Yes, you did not get it from your parents.” Lamia adjusts her armor. “You mean my mom and my brother?” I ask her. “Your family back in the human world is not your real family Byleth.” Lamia says. Who is my real family then? Are they here? “Who are my real parents then?” I wonder aloud. “Oh look, we’re here.” Lamia says, ignoring my question. “Hello everyone, looks like there is a bit of a debate here.” Lamia says. She’s right, Will is glaring at Rayonetta who is tangled up in vines, yet again. Will relaxes. Moonlight casts on his face, making his handsome features more visible. “Will, Lamia’s my grandma!” I inform Will. Will looks from me to Lamia for a long time. “Really?” He asks. “Yeah! And there’s a whole reason why she’s evil.” I say. “Oh really, a reason for forcing our world to rebirth? Yeah, you're not getting away with this Lamia.” Will crosses his arms over his chest.


  Lamia looks down at the ground. “Byleth, they won’t believe me if I tell them.” Lamia whispers to me. I nod. I tell everyone there what Lamia’s story is. “Byleth, I know this is hard for you but Lamia could be manipulating you and I believe that this is a truly touching story if we actually know it’s real. Lamia could be lying to you just to get you over onto her side.” Corrin reasons. I think about it. How could a grandmother lie to her very own grandchild? That’s just not right. But still… I feel like she could be lying and she could be manipulating me. “I don’t know.” I say shortly. Lamia looks at me like I’m a madwoman. “Byleth?” she asks. I hate to see her like this but Will is right, no one can turn back to the good side after forcing a whole world to rebirth. I walk toward the log that Will sits at. He smiles at me, glad that I have realized my mistake. He squeezes my shoulder gently. “I knew you wouldn’t believe me. I thought that I had a chance of making a friend but I guess not.” Lamia says. “I guess Rayonetta’s on your side now too huh? Fine, she can stay here. You won’t see the last of me. My plans are big and I plan to destroy you all in the process!” Lamia yells, turning into her dragon form and disappearing into the forest.


     Ivory has stayed silent all this time, her fingers interlaced. Will releases the vines from Rayonetta. “Alright, spill. Why were you betraying us?” Will asks. “Oh, thanks for the permission to speak. Anyway, why would I tell you the reason why I’m on the evil side?” Rayonetta snaps. I grit my teeth. “You summoned twilight power earlier though, so you are a twilight tribe dragon?” Will asks. Rayonetta nods. “Then how did you get into the sunset tribe?” Will asks again. “I have my ways.” Rayonetta smiles slyly. I get an idea. What if Rayonetta is an element dragon and was being controlled by Lamia this whole time? From what Ivory told me, Lamia can do whatever she wants when she takes control of an element dragon. “Are you an element dragon?” I ask Rayonetta, my heart pounding. Rayonetta stays silent for while. Finally she speaks, “Yes.”  

Comments

  1. ... Lots of element dragons... Although, it's not like their rare, right? YESSS MY NEW EXCUSE! I NOW DECLARE THAT RAYONETTA WASN'T EVIL! (Ok, I can't actually say that but.. I hope she wasn't 😋)-Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, my questions (or some of them anyway) have been answered! I-💗-Sunset slayers! 😊-Hailey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 24

Ask a Character